Like good health and youth, most of us take a thick head of hair for granted – that is, until it is gone. For many people, hair transplant procedures can help bring back the appearance of a full – or at least a fuller – head of hair.
Hair follicles are typically transplanted using one of these two techniques:
- Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT): Hair units are removed from a donor strip that has been excised from the donor area.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Individual hair units are removed directly from the donor area by a micro-punch individually, follicle by follicle, and transplanted to thinning areas.
Since each man’s hair loss is different, a single surgical treatment method may not be right for each transplant patient. The two gold standard methods practiced at Hair Club are detailed here, along with general guidelines for determining which one may be right for you.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular Unit Extraction is a newer hair transplant method in which individual hair follicles are transplanted to a thinning or balding area from a donor site, an area of denser hair growth typically located on the back or side of the head using micro punches to remove individual follicles. While FUE hair restoration gives some patients permanent, natural-looking results that are not available with many other methods, the procedure has some limitations compared to FUT.
There are several advantages of the FUE-method such as:
- No visible scars
- The patient can wear a short hair style after the hair transplant
- Swift recovery and short healing time due to a minimal invasive extraction of single units
- No numbness around the donor-area
- No reduction in skin elasticity
- No unnecessary discomfort
Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT)
The Microscopic Follicular Unit hair transplant method is the industry gold standard, widely considered to be the most effective method of hair transplantation. Other hair transplant procedures are often prepared using the naked eye or low-level magnification loupes, which may increase the likelihood of damage to hair follicles. Instead, this process uses the most up-to-date technology, including high-resolution stereo microscopes. The result is a more natural look that simply isn’t possible with older methods.
Most men choose the Microscopic Follicular Unit Transplant procedure because it offers:
- More natural-looking results. Hair Club uses the newest technology to help patients achieve much more natural looking results than older outdated procedures.
- Superior coverage. It allow us to maximize graft yields, ensuring more coverage and better hair transplant results.
- Hair transplant success rates of more than 95%. Unlike other processes, nearly all of the transplanted follicles remain viable and are able to take root in order to grow healthy hair after being transplanted.
- Post-surgery hair maintenance, re-growth and monitoring program. You’ll get a proprietary post-surgical care program to maximize the results of your hair transplants.